At the end of every year, most people have a list of resolutions for the year to come. Have you ever thought about making a list for your pet? Outlined below are five resolutions for your pet you may want to consider for 2020!
- Increase the intensity and duration of their daily walks
- Initiate daily play with their favourite toy or purchase a new toy
- Move their food bowl upstairs or downstairs so they have to walk to get their food
- Try a feeding bowl or toy so they will have to work to get their food
- Reduce their calorie intake
- Try a weight loss diet. Call/email us anytime to discuss the most appropriate option for your pet.
- Try timed, rationed meals rather than free feeding
- Minimize the amount of treats they get (should be <10% of daily intake)
- Try feeding vegetables/fruits or liver treats instead of high calorie alternatives
- Attempt daily brushing with a pet safe toothpaste
- Try a dental diet such as Hills t/d or Royal Canin Dental
- Book that much needed dental procedure
- Call/email us to schedule a FREE dental exam
- Schedule play dates with other dogs
- Bring them to the dog park regularly
- Sign them up for training/agility courses
- Schedule regular grooming appointments (bath with or without haircut)
- Schedule regular nail trims
- Regular trims will make your pet more comfortable with the nail trimming process. Remember to reward good behaviour with praise or treats!
- Prevent nails from growing into the paw pads
- Your pet should come in for annual exams even if you do not have them vaccinated
- Regular exams will help catch potential health issues before they become a serious problem